By Michael Hall
Physiotherapist in Melbourne
Physiotherapy treatment and exercises are the world’s premier modalities for fixing and preventing physical health problems. Physiotherapy treatment changes lives for the better by providing solutions for any and all movement problems.
From babies to the elderly, physiotherapy treatment and physiotherapy exercises can make every aspect of your life better. Whether it is how you work, how you play or even how you sleep, physiotherapy exercises can help you perform all of these functions better.
Everything you do involves a complex interaction of the joints, muscles and nervous system control of your whole body. It stands to reason, therefore, that all injuries which involve performing a certain function, must involve an assessment of each component of the movement as well as addressing the performance of the function as a whole.
This is the physiotherapist treatment advantage. Because physiotherapists have many more treatment techniques, and can treat a problem from many different angles, you have the possibility of experiencing better, faster results.
Physiotherapy Melbourne includes many physiotherapy clinics in Melbourne which work across many different areas of medicine including orthopedics (muscles, bones), cardiothoracic (heart and lungs), neurology (brain and spinal cord), pediatrics (babies and children), and even pre and post-natal (pregnancy and child birth). Physiotherapists also form part of a medical team and can work with your doctor or other health professional to ensure that your care is coordinated and maximally effective.
The best physiotherapist is the one who can analyze how each component movement contributes to your function as a whole and then is able to treat, train and automate these components to produce optimal performance.
The best physiotherapist is the one who assesses the mobility of your joints, the strength of your muscles and the control of your movements to determine deficits and identify causes. The best physiotherapists then use “hands-on” techniques to free up specific joints, loosen specific muscles and mobilize the nervous system to create the optimal environment for healing.
These techniques also make rehabilitative exercise more effective, which makes postural and movement correction more effective. Consequently, all the treatment that we perform at Bodywise Health is not just directed at healing your problem, but importantly directed at getting you back doing the things you love to do whether it be playing with the kids, going for a run or playing tennis.
Bodywise Health employs the best physiotherapists in Melbourne who are passionate about enabling you to overcome your physical challenges so that you can live your life to the full.
Each consultation involves:
- Listening to you, so that we can understand better your concerns, needs, wants and goals.
- Performing a comprehensive and professional physical evaluation and informing you of our assessment findings.
- Educating you about your problem and based on our experience, give you an honest estimate of how long it may take to get better as well as the stages of healing that you can expect to take place.
- Learning about your expectations, clarifying your wants and needs and gaining agreement as to your goals, so that we can implement the most effective, relevant treatment.
- Ongoing measurement of the effectiveness of our treatments, so that adjustments can be made to ensure that you remain on track.
- Teaching and instructing you in self-management techniques so that you are empowered to help yourself.
Whilst some health professions use just one or a limited number of treatment techniques, Bodywise Health physiotherapists use a vast array of techniques and technology including “hands-on” massage, mobilization, manipulation, muscle energy, dry needling/ acupuncture, hydrotherapy, sports specific rehabilitation and clinical pilates that can be used individually or combined synergistically to provide better, faster results.
And because physiotherapist clinics in Melbourne work across an array of healthcare settings from hospitals, to community health, to elite sports medicine, to aged care, physiotherapy Melbourne can draw from wide variety of experience to provide unique and personalized solutions for you.
Bodywise Health may also be found by googling Physiotherapy Melbourne, Physiotherapy Clinics Melbourne, Bayside Physiotherapy, Hampton Physiotherapy, Brighton Physiotherapy Clinic, Physiotherapy Highett, Physiotherapy Sandringham and Physiotherapy in Cheltenham.
So whether you suffer from back pain, neck pain, headaches, arthritis, sports / work injuries, general aches and pains or in fact any muscle, joint or physical injury and you live in any of the Bayside suburbs of Hampton, Brighton, Elwood, Elsternwick, Sandringham, Highett, Cheltenham, Black Rock and Beaumaris and more generally Melbourne, call us here at Bodywise Health on 1300 BODYWISE (1300 263 994) so that you can get back to living more vitally and fully.
- Rebates are available through your private insurance extras cover;
- For complex or chronic conditions, you may qualify for the EPC (Enhanced Primary Care Program) allowing you to receive 5 allied health services each calendar year with a referral from your GP. For more information, please call Bodywise Health now on 1300 263 994.