By Michael Hall
The demands of sports are as individual as the people who play them. Some sports require amazing strength, others amazing agility and others amazing endurance. To be optimally effective therefore, assessments, treatments and conditioning programs must be tailored to both individual capacities as well as the sporting demands. Just as swimming requires a different assessment and treatment system when compared with football, beginners or elderly people need a different program to an elite athletes At Bodywise Health, we cater for both in designing a comprehensive examination and treatment system that is person and sport specific. It is ideal for sports such as:
- football / soccer and even;
Get to the root cause of your problem with our comprehensive examination system
At Bodywise Health, some of the examination techniques we use include:
- Comprehensive Biomechanical Examination to analyse your body’s alignment;
- Real Time Ultrasound to determine that correct timing and activation of your core supporting muscles;
- Electromyography to give feedback as to whether muscles are contracting at the right time and with the right intensity;
- Video Analysis which involves filming cycling movement so that it can be analysed and any abnormal patterning can be corrected;
- Gait Scan which measures the amount and timing of foot pressure during walking and running and helps identify and rectify problems to do with the feet and legs.
Combining the results of each of these tests, enables us to identify both the source and cause of your problem which allows a targeted rehabilitation program to be devised and implemented. Person specific, movement specific and sport / function specific, this rehab program is then performed one on one under the instruction of your physiotherapist to make sure that the “injurying” stresses are eliminated and that your movement becomes as effective and efficient as possible.
The Bodywise Health Advantage
If you want the fastest healing, the best repair and the most complete recovery, Bodywise Health is uniquely positioned to assist you best. From assessing your injury, to determining the diagnosis, to providing fast relief, optimal healing, targeted rehabilitation and sports specific conditioning, our therapists have the knowledge, skills, equipment and passion to help you achieve the best results at the fastest possible rate. Bodywise therapists take special care to ensure that they understand your sport, its physical demands, the biomechanical requirements and the competitive edge that you need.
Let’s get started …
Whether you are a weekend warrior or an elite athlete competing at the highest level, the therapists here at Bodywise Health can design the perfect treatment and rehabilitation program to get you back to your sport fast.
Your recovery begins with:
- A comprehensive assessment to identify the sources, causes and healing stage of your problem as well as determine your physical strengths and weaknesses and the demands of your sport;
- Clarification of your goals, concerns and aspirations;
- The formulation of a treatment plan with an agreed timeline;
- The implementation of the treatment program, with regular re-evaluations to ensure that you are on track to achieving your goals.
Not only does this set clear expectations, having a road to recovery gives you control and certainty and it gives us a target to meet and exceed.
But it all begins with you. You must take the first step. Once on board, we will be there to help you every step of the way. The sooner we begin, the sooner you get back to doing what you love to do. Let’s get started…
- Rebates are available through your private insurance extras cover;
- For complex or chronic conditions, you may qualify for the EPC (Enhanced Primary Care Program) allowing you to receive 5 allied health services each calendar year with a referral from your GP. For more information, please call Bodywise Health now on 1300 263 994.