By Michael Hall
Successful sports injury rehabilitation requires an intimate understanding of all the physical, psychological and social implications of the injury itself as well as a detailed knowledge of the physical demands and biomechanical considerations of the sport. For example, a tennis player with a shoulder problem will need a different conditioning program to a footballer. Likewise, the sports rehabilitation therapist needs to condition an elite athlete to a higher level than a recreational sports person. Consequently, each sports conditioning and rehabilitation program must be tailored not only to your needs, but also to the demands of the sport that you play.
Sports Therapy Rehabilitation – Going to the Next Level
The fastest way to recover from injury is to teach you how to stop the things which cause it in the first place. Clues as to the source and cause of your problem are often gained through getting a detailed history of your condition. These clues can then be tested by a variety of techniques and tools to determine the cause of your problem.
Bodywise Health – The Best Sports Rehabilitation Centre?
At Bodywise Health, we take sports and rehabilitation therapy to the next level. Just some of the examination techniques that we use include:
- Comprehensive Biomechanical Examinationto analyze your body’s alignment;
- Real Time Ultrasoundto determine that correct timing and activation of your core supporting muscles;
- Electromyographyto give feedback as to whether muscles are contracting at the right time and with the right intensity;
- Posture Pro, a software program, which gives a computerized analysis of the stresses on your body;
- Video Analysiswhich involves filming movement (e.g. golf / tennis swing) so that it can be analyzed and any abnormal patterning can be corrected;
- Gait Scanwhich measures the amount and timing of foot pressure during walking and running and helps identify and rectify problems to do with the feet and legs.
By combining the results of each of these tests, enables us to identify both the source and cause of your problem which allows a targeted sports rehabilitation program to be devised and implemented.
Person specific, movement specific and sport / function specific, your sports and rehabilitation therapy program is performed one on one under the instruction of your sports injury therapist to make sure that the “injuring” stresses are eliminated and that your movement becomes as effective and efficient as possible.
Your posture, movement patterns, muscle activation, joint control, balance, power and grace will be monitored, perfected and progressed, ensuring that you enjoy the energy and freedom of a body working optimally. This not only prevents the reoccurrence of your physical problem, but helps to deliver sustained improvements in movement, function and sports performance.
The Bodywise Health Advantage
If you want the fastest healing, the best repair and the most complete recovery, Bodywise Health Sports Rehabilitation programs are uniquely positioned to assist you best. From assessing your injury, to determining the diagnosis, to providing fast relief, optimal healing, targeted rehabilitation and sports specific conditioning, our skill sports rehabilitation therapists have the knowledge, skills, equipment and passion to help you achieve the best results at the fastest possible rate.
If you are looking for the best Bayside Sports Injury Clinic, you need go no further than Bodywise Health. The Bodywise Health sports injury therapists combine a detailed knowledge of your sport, its physical demands and the competitive edge that you need with the latest evidence based clinical techniques and cutting edge technology so that you can get back to your sport faster.
Since 1997, Bodywise Health sports rehabilitation therapists have been delivering sports injury results to the recreational and professional athletes across the Bayside suburbs of Hampton, Brighton, Sandringham, Highett, Elsternwick, Elwood, Black Rock, Beaumaris and more generally across Melbourne.
You can find Bodywise Health contact details by googling Melbourne Sports Injury Clinic, Bayside Sports Injury Clinic, Sports Injury Clinic Brighton, Sports Injury Clinic Cheltenham and Sports Injury Clinic Hampton.
Let’s get started ...
Whether you are a weekend warrior or an elite athlete competing at the highest level, the Bodywise Health sports rehabilitation therapists can design the perfect treatment and rehabilitation program to get you back to your sport fast.
Your recovery begins with:
- A comprehensive physical and injury assessmentto identify the sources, causes and healing stage of your problem as well as determine your physical strengths and weaknesses and the demands of your sport;
- Clarificationof your goals, concerns and aspirations;
- The formulation of a treatment planwith an agreed timeline;
- Theimplementation of the treatment program, with frequent re-evaluations to ensure that you are on track to achieving the results that you want in the time that has been forecast.
Not only does this set clear expectations, it gives you a sense of control and certainty knowing that you are on track and it gives us a target to meet and exceed.
But it all begins with you. You must take the first step. Once on board, we will be there to help you every step of the way. The sooner we begin, the sooner you get back to doing what you love to do. Let’s get started...
• Rebates are available through your private insurance extras cover;
• For complex or chronic conditions, you may qualify for the EPC (Enhanced Primary Care Program) allowing you to receive 5 allied health services each calendar year with a referral from your GP. For more information, please call Bodywise Health now on 1 300 263 994.