Successful sports injury treatment requires an intimate understanding of all the physical, psychological and social implications of the injury itself as well as a detailed knowledge of the physical demands and biomechanical considerations of the sport. For example, a tennis player with a shoulder problem will need a different conditioning program to a footballer. Likewise, an elite athlete will need to be conditioned to a higher level than a recreational sports person. Consequently, each rehabilitation and conditioning program must be tailored not only to an individual’s needs but also to the demands of the sport that they play.
Sports specific rehabilitation going to the next level
The fastest way to recover from injury is to teach you how to stop the things which cause it in the first place. Clues as to the source and cause of your problem are often gained through asking questions such as What are you doing, or what have you just done when you feel your problem? These clues can then be tested by a variety of techniques and tools to determine the cause of your problem. At Bodywise Health some of the examination techniques we use include:
1. Comprehensive Biomechanical Examination to analyze your body’s alignment
2. Real-Time Ultrasound to determine that correct timing and activation of your core supporting muscles
3. Electromyography to give feedback as to whether muscles are contracting at the right time and with the right intensity
4. Video Analysis which involves filming movement (e.g. golf/tennis swing) so that it can be analyzed and any abnormal patterning can be corrected
5. Gait Scan which measures the amount and timing of foot pressure during walking and running and helps identify and rectify problems to do with the feet and legs
By combining the results of each of these tests, enables us to identify both the source and cause of your problem which allows a targeted rehabilitation program to be devised and implemented. A person-specific, movement specific and sport/function specific, this rehab program is then performed one on one under the instruction of your physiotherapist to make sure that the injuring stresses are eliminated and that your movement becomes as effective and efficient as possible.
Your posture, movement patterns, muscle activation, joint control, balance, power, and grace will be monitored, perfected and progressed, ensuring that you enjoy the energy and freedom of a body working optimally. This not only prevents the reoccurrence of your physical problem but helps to deliver sustained improvements in movement, function and sports performance.
The Bodywise Health Advantage
If you want the fastest healing, the best repair, and the most complete recovery, Bodywise Health is uniquely positioned to assist you best. From assessing your injury to determining the diagnosis to providing fast relief, optimal healing targeted rehabilitation and sports specific conditioning, our therapists have the knowledge, skills, equipment, and passion to help you achieve the best results at the fastest possible rate. Bodywise therapists take special care to ensure that they understand your sport, its physical demands, the biomechanical requirements and the competitive edge that you need.
Let’s get started …
Whether you are a weekend warrior or an elite athlete competing at the highest level, the therapists here at Bodywise Health can design the perfect treatment and rehabilitation program to get you back to your sport fast.
Your recovery begins with:
1. A comprehensive assessment to identify the sources, causes and healing stage of your problem as well as determine your physical strengths and weaknesses and the demands of your sport
2. Clarification of your goals, concerns, and aspirations
3. The formulation of a treatment plan with an agreed timeline
4. The implementation of the treatment program, with frequent re-evaluations to ensure.
Not only does this set clear expectations, but it also gives you a sense of control and certainty knowing that you are on track and it gives us a target to meet and exceed.
But it all begins with you. You must take the first step. Once on board, we will be there to help you every step of the way. The sooner we begin, the sooner you get back to doing what you love to do. Let’s get started…
- Rebates are available through your private insurance extras cover
- For complex or chronic conditions, you may qualify for the EPC (Enhanced Primary Care Program) allowing you to receive 5 allied health services each calendar year with a referral from your GP. For more information, please call Bodywise Health now on 1 300 263 994.